Ready to join the lifesaving action?
We know you have endless opportunities to volunteer within our spot on the Eastern Shore, and we are thrilled that you are interested in supporting our organization and the lifesaving work we do.
We care for hundreds of animals each year, with the mindset that each and every single adoptable pet will receive food, shelter, medical attention and love until they’re home. We also focus on progressive programs to help the community through our food pantry, lost and found services, rehoming support services and more.
With your commitment to assist us in our mission, we will work together to promote animal welfare, provide public education, and give our shelter animals the love and attention they deserve!
Volunteers are essential to our lifesaving mission. In order for you to get the most out of your experience at ACSKC, there are a few requirements we ask volunteers to meet:
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. While children under 16 years old are not able to volunteer in our typical volunteer duties, we have a variety of community outreach programs and at-home projects available!
- We ask volunteers to commit to giving us approximately 8 hours a month for at least 3 months
- Volunteers must have a passion for both pets and people, and be supportive of ACSKC’s mission and philosophy
- Have a mature, compassionate and respectful attitude
- Have an active email address
- Volunteers must be able to safely and independently perform all role requirements in training as assigned by role and/or service assignment
- Attend and complete our Volunteer Orientation (to be scheduled after your application is received)
Our Volunteer Opportunities page has more information on the program, including the variety of ways you can help, the onboarding process and Frequently Asked Questions