The Clear the Shelters Adoption Event is your once-a-year chance to bring home a furry friend FOR FREE!
Cats, kittens and dogs are awaiting their forever homes. All of our adoptable animals are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on their vaccines, and microchipped, and will be sent home with a goodie bag of toys, treats, and a sample of their current diet.
This year’s event will be bigger than ever, with activities, vendors and concessions! Our vendors include:
- Cricket’s Pet Supply
- Erika Hercher’s Dog Collars
- Shine Like a ButterJay’s Self Care Products
- KatiMade Designs Jewelry
- BWC Photography
- Marie Mabrey Country Haven
- South Paw Studio Face Painting
- Smoke of the Crafts Candles
- Nana Yasia’s Custom Drinkware
- Peace Love Joye Boutique
- Design Your Existence with Tenya Eickenberg
- Watch Tower Candle Co.
- Will’s Wacky Emporium
- Hannah Finch
- Clarky’s Snow Cones
- The Spicerie
- Plus hot dogs and cotton candy sold by the shelter!
Planning to adopt? Here’s what you need to know!
We STRONGLY ENCOURAGE all potential adopters to submit an adoption application ahead of the event. An approved application guarantees you will be able to take an animal home when you arrive, and it helps you skip ahead of the line. If you don’t know who you’ll be taking home that day, that’s okay! Just put “Kitten,” “German Shepherd,” or other general terms on your application to give us an idea of what you’re looking for. Click here to fill out our Adoption Application.
On the day of the event:
- If you are hoping to adopt a kitty, please bring your own carrier.
- If you are hoping to adopt a dog, and already have dog(s) in the home, you must bring them for a meet and greet to ensure everyone gets along!
If you DO NOT have an approved application the day of the event, you will be asked to fill one out BEFORE meeting our animals. Please also have with you proof of ownership of your home OR proof of landlord’s approval to have a pet, as well as proof of current rabies vaccination status for all pets currently living in your home.
If you have any questions ahead of time, please send us an email at email@example.com. We can’t wait to see you!